Since 2005, Kala’s KA-15S has been the industry standard for entry-level ukulele. The quality, affordability, and simple design of the 15 Series has checked every box for a starter ukulele.
For 2020, the KA-20 Series continues this legacy. Distinguished by the etched Polynesian-style Shark Teeth rosette, this ukulele is made of Meranti—a wood with lots of dots, dashes, and speckles with iridescence that highlights the flecked grain. Its natural, satin finish lets the wood be the only focus. These instruments are perfect for learning on, whether in the classroom, practicing at home, or playing an acoustic performance.
Kala KA-20-S Soprano Ukulele
SIZE: Soprano TOP: Burled Meranti BACK & SIDES: Burled Meranti NECK: Meranti FINISH: Satin FINGERBOARD: Indonesian Nandu HEADSTOCK: Standard STRINGS: Aquila Super Nylgut ELECTRONICS: N/A NUT & SADDLE: Graphtech Tusq STRAP BUTTON: Lower Bout
- Scale Length: 13.5 inches
- Overall Instrument Length: 21.06 inches
- Body Length: 9.25 inches
- Number of Frets: 12
- Width at Upper Bout: 5.25 inches
- Width at Lower Bout: 7.25 inches
- Width at Waist: 4.75 inches
- Body Depth: 2.625 inches
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1.375 inches
- Fingerboard width at neck/body joint: 1.625 inches