A brand new model that offers a fantastic old time tone and vintage vibe. When you open the case of the Vega Vintage Star, you will find a banjo that captures the soul of late 19th century banjos with the playability and adjustability of a modern instrument.
At the heart of the Vintage Star lies a stunning Dobson tone ring. Originally patented by Henry Dobson in 1881, the Dobson balances the low ends with clear highs, and adds just the right amount of sustain to the banjo. The brass Dobson glows from behind the renaissance head, which itself sits on a thinner walled, 12” violin grade maple rim. A knotless tailpiece tops off the set up to produce a classic old-time tone.
The Vintage Star features a durable, low maintenance frosty bronze powder finish, that accents the exotic smokey streaks running through the ebony of the fingerboard. The finish also happens to be hypoallergenic, which, along with the matching maple armrest makes for a truly comfortable playing experience.
Vega Vintage Star Open Back Banjo
- Walnut Stained Maple Neck
- Slender Vega Neck Shape
- Scooped Ebony Fingerboard
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- Streaky Ebony Fingerboard and Nut
- Deering Planetary Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- Black Tuner Buttons
- Durable and Elegant Satin Finish
- Thinner 12"3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Dobson Tone Ring
- Shoe and Screw Bracket Assembly
- Beveled Tension Hoop
- 24 Flat Hooks and 9/32″ Hex Nuts
- 12" Renaissance Low Crown Head
- Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- Frosted Bronze Hypoallegenic Hardware
- Deering Knot-Less Tailpiece