The G&L Legacy™ blends contemporary refinements from the Leo Fender†-designed S-500™ and Comanche® models with classic Alnico V pickups. If your holy grail is faithful Alnico single-coil tone with modern refinements and superb craftsmanship, the Legacy makes for an excellent choice.
The Legacy’s vintage-spec CLF-100 Alnico V pickups have that unmistakable chime and quack reminiscent of the best examples from the late ‘50s, thanks to the work of G&L’s Paul Gagon. Gagon found his inspiration reviewing original prints stored in Leo’s private laboratory at G&L, but that was just the start. In the early ’80s, Gagon was an R&D engineer at another company when he was tasked with finding out what was so special about the early bolt-on guitars many players raved about. Gagon analyzed many examples of what were considered holy grail guitars, spending time out on the shop floor talking to builders still working in the pickup department since the ‘50s, all on a quest to discover where the real mojo was – and wasn’t. What he learned from the builders matched his own engineering analysis. You see, back in the day, the actual spec of pickups coming down that old production line varied considerably. That meant coming up with the right specs for the Legacy pickups was more challenging than simply following the prints. Gagon’s persistence paid off as the Legacy garnered rave reviews from both players and magazines like Guitar Player and Guitar World.
- Shoreline Gold over Poplar, 3-ply White pickguard, vintage tint satin neck finish with Rosewood fingerboard
- 3-Tone Sunburst over Poplar, Perloid pickguard, vintage tint satin neck finish with Rosewood fingerboard
- White Gloss over Poplar, 3-ply White pickguard, vintage tint satin neck finish, Maple fingerboard
- Black Gloss over Poplar, 3-ply Black pickguard, vintage tint satin neck finish, Maple fingerboard
- Natural Gloss over Sassafras, 3-ply Black pickguard, clear satin neck finish, Maple fingerboard
Is the color you're looking for out of stock? Call to ask about availability/ordering!
G&L Tribute Legacy Electric Guitar
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"
- PICKUPS: G&L CLF-100 Alnico V single-coils
- BODY WOOD: Poplar and Sassafras
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1 5/8"
- NECK RADIUS: 12"
- NECK PROFILE: medium C
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, nickel
- TUNING KEYS: 18:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Dual-Fulcrum™ vibrato
- CONTROLS: 5-position pickup selector, volume, treble, bass (PTB™ system)